Monday, April 12, 2021

Six Things I Think: A Bipartisan Propaganda Frontier (Link)

 

Author's note: I'm not going to lie, this essay took me six days to write. Given the dense material we cover here however, I hope readers will find it worth it.

Please also note this piece is also part of the “Leftist Theory” collection on ninaillingworth.com.


Nested Propaganda About Imaginary Lines

In this lengthy, heavily-sourced essay I take a look at the public discourse surrounding the story of the so-called US migrant crisis, through the lens of the propaganda model. There is certainly a crisis, but it's not about the border, and it's not really about migrants either. Looking at eight separate stories from a wide spectrum of the political media, I untangle both the spin, and the reality of this controversy.

I'm sure it will surprise no one to hear that the real villain here is capitalist extraction, and the reason nobody wants to tell you that is they're all in on the slaughter.


"Folks, this isn’t just the kind of story you won’t find on the news; this is the reality that the partisan blather they do put out as news, is designed to prevent you from seeing. And whether propagandists in the public eye like it or not, Biden’s stated intention is to continue the cycle of violence and plunder even if it means separating families in Mexico or locking up brown kids on a toxic military base. What Biden, his flunkies in the media, and indeed much of the ruling establishment really care about here, is keeping your attention focused elsewhere while rich people count the spoils." 


To read more on ninaillingworth.com, click on the quotation block above, or the header below:


Six Things I Think: A Bipartisan Propaganda Frontier 


nina illingworth


Independent writer, critic and analyst with a left focus. Please help me fight corporate censorship by sharing my articles with your friends online!

You can find my work at ninaillingworth.comCan’t You ReadMedia Madness and my Patreon Blog

Updates available on InstagramMastodon and Facebook. Podcast at “No Fugazi” on Soundcloud.

Inquiries and requests to speak to the manager @ASNinaWrites

Chat with fellow readers online at Anarcho Nina Writes on Discord!

“It’s ok Willie; swing heil, swing heil…”

No comments:

Post a Comment