Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Patreon Blog Link: Why I'm Doing Okay Without Twitter in My Life

 


Editor’s note: In light of the fact that Twitter has largely broken the barrier between "media" and social media" it seems appropriate to include a link to this piece here on Media Madness; especially since the media influencers on Twitter, are some of the principle components of the propaganda machine the platform serves as. Check out this short essay about the sinister nature of Twitter and why I don’t miss it, over on my always free-to-read Patreon blog.

—–

Have you ever spent any time thinking about what Twitter really is? No, of course not, that’s the kind of question nobody who is actually using Twitter ever gets around to asking; and I’m really no different than anyone reading this in that respect. Of course, in light of Jack Dorsey and his increasingly omnipresent platform giving me the boot on Christmas Day, I’ve had a lot more time to ponder that question recently and it’s made me realize that perhaps being permanently suspended from a propaganda “Death Star” isn’t such a bad break after all. You see, far from being a mere chat program, I’ve come to more fully understand Twitter’s role as a vast and altogether quite sinister influence market; a company whose real business model is literally the unregulated dissemination of propaganda on behalf of the wealthy and powerful. As has become all too common in the later stages of a dying Pig Empire, the public has been encouraged to understand its own relationship with social media in an inverted, or ass-backwards way; find out more by reading Why I’m Doing Okay Without Twitter in My Life on my (free) Patreon blog.

You can check it out by clicking on the title header or the quotation block below:

 

 

 

Why I’m Doing Okay Without Twitter in My Life

 

 

 

  • nina illingworth

 

Independent writer, critic and analyst with a left focus. Please help me fight corporate censorship by sharing my articles with your friends online!

You can find my work at ninaillingworth.comCan’t You ReadMedia Madness and my Patreon Blog

Updates available on InstagramMastodon and Facebook. Podcast at “No Fugazi” on Soundcloud.

Inquiries and requests to speak to the manager @ASNinaWrites

Chat with fellow readers online at Anarcho Nina Writes on Discord!

“It’s ok Willie; swing heil, swing heil…”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment