Friday, September 30, 2016

Tales from the American DMZ: It’s (Almost) All Economics


Editor’s Note: warning; this is going to be a long, rambling discussion and at the end of it, you may well be inclined to question my sanity; I’m not sure I’ve ever written a “thinkpiece” before and I’m only doing so now because of the tremendous weight on my conscience not discussing these issues has created. 

I have never had any desire to be perceived as any sort of “pinko Alex Jones” style conspiracy theorist and I have no intention of doing so today; this article will be sourced quite heavily and I strongly encourage you to at least skim the links I’ve provided to back up what will no doubt appear to preposterous claims if you haven’t been following the news intently for several years.

This is new ground for me and frankly, I’m not really sure where the editor’s note ends and the article begins this time – so I ask that you bear with me while I try to get a handle on just what it is we’re doing here.



Surrendering My Silence

For several months now I’ve found myself disappointed by my own inability to make the necessary time to discuss two seemingly dissimilar but ultimately, intricately related issues; the rise of the American police state as well as what I believe will be a massive social re-ordering of the western world dictated by looming economic realities and the seemingly intractable behavior of wealthy western or globalist elites – yeah, that’s quite the mouthful.

If the truth be known, I’ve avoided these topics for a number of reasons that are probably still valid today; not the least of which is that some parts of the story aren’t really mine to tell. This is in part a discussion about economics and I am not an economist; it’s also in part a discussion about systemic racism that signals who in our society the police are allowed to abuse for profit (and why) – as a white (albeit post-op trans) woman living abroad; there’s a legitimate question in my mind whether what I have to say on this subject would be, or even should be taken seriously.

Finally, I’ve avoided these discussions because quite frankly they are just so damn big and so damn heavy, it is utterly terrifying to imagine even starting such a conversation. A whole bunch of the things I want to say to you guys are going to sound too evil to even contemplate believing if you haven’t done the research; even discussing what it all means involves, by necessity, projecting into our collective future. I’m a smart girl, I can make educated guesses but I’m by no means exaggerating even slightly when I say we live in *the* most corrupt time in our nation’s (if not global) history and the problems we’re about to face simply have no direct historical reference; although there are similarities that we can and will examine over time.

So, I have continued on with my safe facts, catching easy lies and focusing on the utter farce that is the American political class; keeping my head down and actively avoiding the role of unwanted doomsayer. Yet continually over time, the truth has picked away at the corners of my consciousness as I read more about unpunished violations, the (perceived) stability of our economic systems and the dark history of policing in America.

Yesterday I finally hit my breaking point as I realized that I could no longer escape the simple reality I’d been too afraid to write down until this moment; although the rise of the American police state (and similar systems throughout the western world) is typically portrayed in the news as either an unfortunate consequence of “rising” crime, or the misguided behavior of “a few rotten apples” – there truthfully exists a great deal of evidence that violent, militarized police forces who don’t give a flying fuck about civil liberties are in fact a purposeful outcome of the modern corporate-capitalist state; hey, I warned you this was going to get heavy, didn’t I?

The truth is, I don’t rightly know where to start and the sheer size of what we’re talking about probably means I’ll never finish; but I do know that I can no longer remain silent as the world around me turns into a real time, live-action production of V for Vendetta right in front of my eyes. Therefore, because I don’t even know where the beginning of this discussion lies, I’ll start with a very simple question that we can hopefully build some future discussions on – “considering the obvious political consequences and blatant social negatives; why would anyone (even corrupt government officials and their greedy corporate masters) want to create and empower a police state in the western world?”

read the rest of this article on ninaillingworth.com now...

2 comments:

  1. After studying your article you have to understand what I actually have written here. apple fruit benefits This one is being written once you have a proposal from you.

    ReplyDelete