Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Weekly Film Sessions Moving to Media Madness Due to Facebook Censorship

 


Editor's note: it would seem that the moment of reckoning I've feared might be coming for my low-key anarchist Facebook Journal might in fact now be upon us. As you may remember, due to Facebook's "both sides" censorship of anarchist pages, I've started moving a bunch of my content over here to Media Madness already.

Now, after a recent notice that someone had reported my page, I've decided to transfer over the last bits of content I'd be sad to lose if and when Facebook does ultimately nuke my page - specifically, my revived weekly film sessions for pinkos. Obviously, this means I'm going to have to make a bunch of smaller reposts here over the next few days, please forgive the intrusion in advance.

First up, let's start with a short journal update from November 26th, 2020, that explains why I share left wing Youtube content in the first place. 

-----

(I’m posting this here, at almost three in the morning because it’s a very boring update that explains why I’ve started sharing other people’s video content on my Facebook Journal. I need this stand-alone post to link to in the comments of each new video I post but it’s not really content, so I’m dropping it under the cover of darkness and hoping to sneak away with my hyperlink – tell no one.)


Why We Share

As many of you may already know from my numerous discussions on the matter, I, like every other left wing independent content creator using corporate media platforms to share a message, am engaged in a constant war against censorship – particularly, algorithmic censorship of left wing content in general. As part of that war, I’ve often hypothesized that left wing content consumers need to learn to become as motivated to share independent creator content, as the online right is motivated to share, well, mostly fascist nonsense. 

Of course, I myself am (in addition to being a content creator) also a left wing content consumer, who also doesn’t put enough effort into helping independent pinko content creators get their work out to a larger audience – and so I’ve decided to start putting my money where my mouth is. As I mentioned in a post here on Facebook this past Sunday, I’m making an ongoing commitment to sharing insightful videos and audio recordings in an effort to help folks find the precise sort of left wing viewpoints being slowly strangled out by corporate media and online censorship. 

The basic idea here is that more shares, equals more eyeballs on left wing independent media; even if the algorithms are naturally suppressing the number of eyeballs that see each individual share – I’m doing my part as part of a larger collective of post-sharing pinkos that I’m also trying to grow in its own right, so to speak. Well at least until they finally ban me from social media entirely that is. 

Of course, the caveat here is that I have to both:

A) be willing to watch the actual video or listen to the audio recording, because I’m not going to share something I haven’t digested and understood.

B) consider the media a worthwhile investment of time for my readers, who I presume come to my various websites to learn something the vast majority of the time – whether they actually do or not, is a question for the historians however.

It’s important to note that in these posts I’m simply sharing free content I enjoyed and I consider informative, all of which is created by other people – under no circumstances should anyone assume I had anything whatsoever to do with actually producing the video and audio links I’m sharing. I do the write-ups introducing each piece of media on my Facebook Journal and otherwise I’m just a fan of good content, like most of the people reading this post are.

Finally I should point out that my current plan is to share one or perhaps two such links per week (depending on how fast I myself am consuming the content I want to share), almost entirely on weekends and or holidays – like today; happy Colonial Genocide Turkey Dinner Day to any poor insomniac actually awake enough to be reading this.


- nina illingworth


Independent writer, critic and analyst with a left focus. Please help me fight corporate censorship by sharing my articles with your friends online!

You can find my work at ninaillingworth.comCan’t You ReadMedia Madness and my Patreon Blog

Updates available on TwitterInstagramMastodon and Facebook. Podcast at “No Fugazi” on Soundcloud.

Inquiries and requests to speak to the manager @ASNinaWrites

Chat with fellow readers online at Anarcho Nina Writes on Discord!

“It’s ok Willie; swing heil, swing heil…”

No comments:

Post a Comment